Reflective Task 1: Emotional self-management.
For me, the emotions that more difficult to manage when others disagree with me are: to understand that there are many points of view instead of mine. I am tolerant but I accept sometimes I am not enough patient to understand and get along with others.
I deal with this by: keeping calm when other people are talking about other things different to the ones I have in mind. being patient helps me to deal with those troubles I may have with people.
Reflective Task 2: Influences on my thinking.
For me, the influences on my own thinking that I need to be most aware of so they don’t prejudice my thinking are: I have to start thinking about how I have to change many aspects in my life and mood in order to reflect to others what I want to demonstrate
I deal with this by: having positive thoughts and expressing the best of my personality
Reflective Task 3: Challenging opinions.
For me, the thing I find most difficult about challenging the opinions of other people are: sometimes I do not like when other people do things I do not like them to do even if I know they are right. I know it but causes fury on me.
I deal with these by: being patient and taking into account other people have different thoughts to mine and I have to respect them.
Reflective Task 4:
Do you recognize anything of yourself in Bodner’s description of students? What effect would the approach he suggests have on your learning and understanding?
yes. We as students are used to believing in everything teachers are saying without questionning about if what they are saying is real or not. That is the reason why is important to start having a critical view of the context we are living in order to help to build a society where students, children and adults are part of processes where opinions help to change people´s lives and perceptions about things.
Reflective Task 5:
Consider what you could to manage these barriers of critical thinking in the next few months:
I will try to come up with new ideas so as to change my manner of analyzing things that happen in my context. Being a citizen is not just to have a name; the importance of being an student and citizen is to be part of the positive changes we can do on people by being creative and critical.
Dear Oscar, I like this idea of being part of the positive change, we need to take advantage of our role as teachers and start to teach our students to think critically, to challenge other people´s opinion, but also to be tolerant, we need to teach them that there can be many different thoughts and believes around us, and that we need to accept all this differences.
ResponderBorrar